Friday, July 17, 2009

Where I find my home...

A few weeks ago, an artist friend of mine, Jessie Paige, sent me an email talking of a new project she is working on and about how she wanted feedback from as many people as she could about their definition of the word "home." I've thought long and hard about her request...about what home means to me. And this is what I've discovered thus far...Home is not a particular place, space or location...for me at least...it is a feeling. It is a feeling of comfort, exuberance, love, peace, joy and wholeness -- all at the same time.

I am always looking for my home.
These are some of the "places" where I find it...



...in embracing the glorious unknown...




... in nurturing...







...in looking at myself from a different perspective...



(plus in a really cool and comfy pair of shoes!)







...wrapped-up in the comfort of my own bed...






...in basking in the sun...





...in patterns, collections or the magic of a good story...



...in creating and getting my hands dirty...





...in preparing, mixing, chopping, baking, cooking -- anything


and then getting lost in the flavors I've created...



...in my homeland...even with its silly security...



...in the friendships I have forged...







...in seeing the world through my children's eyes...




...in the connections I make...



...in downward dog bliss..


...in the landscapes of my formative years...



...in the arms of my sisters.


No comments:

Post a Comment