Friday, October 17, 2008

The Remains of the Day...



At last, the Gallery on 49th project I've been working on has come full circle. The Opening was greatly attended and inspiring for a whole host of students, faculty, artists and parents and I couldn't be happier. Makes me want to spread the word just how gratifying volunteering can be. You just have to ask yourself and the right people, "What can I do to make this better?" and dive-in and DO the hard work to make it happen. I have learned so much about myself, about my kid's school and their beautiful HARDWORKING teachers and administrators, about the kindness of strangers, about how art can transcend gender, age & economics, about how my preconceived notions mean nothing once I've lived in another person's shoes for a while and maybe most importantly, about how gratitude really is the key to life.

I challenge everyone to go forth...find your niche...and volunteer your time and talents. I promise that you will be grateful for the experience!

1 comment:

  1. That's a lovely post, Gina. Volunteerism is a free education and a labor of pure love. Again, great job on the show. Without seeing it, I know it was magnificent because of your involvement. xo-C.

    ReplyDelete