Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Our Summer Evenings...

Several days ago, my friend Suzanne blogged about summer evenings and asked to hear from other viewers about their evenings too. So, after many rainy evenings that were NOT very magical, we finally got to go outside, play and capture these moments....


I don't think anything can beat the feeling of running around on freshly mowed grass...slightly wet and cool...perfect for endless evenings of red light/green light, helicopter, octopus, laughing and tumbling.


I've always been more of a sunrise girl myself, but in the summer -- sunsets take my breath away. I love how the sky is luminous but everything on the ground is slightly dark and full of mystery.

[This was the time of evening that I had to stop playing and go home as a child...the street lights almost on!]


And my FAM, lying on the soft grass, searching the evening sky for inspiration...in awe of it all.

I captured this image and then laid down with them -- truly magical!

2 comments:

  1. i love, love, love this photo of everyone looking skyward for stars. i used to spend so much time in the summers at the beach searching for shooting stars across the night sky. bella! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. We spend a lot of time looking skyward...and in the daytime...we get to look up to the clouds to form interesting shapes!
    Nothing compares to those moments...

    ReplyDelete