Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Our First Collaboration...

This month, Zoe and I worked on our first real piece of art together. We are both members of the Savannah Art Association and we wanted to complete a piece for their upcoming themed exhibit called "Arrivals and Departures." Painting people isn't really my thing, but since Zoe is really into sketching right now, we decided to work on the theme with the idea of the artistic journey we both are in at the moment. We wanted to create a piece that told the story of how we arrive at creative inspiration, what makes us traverse there again and again, and also what being a mother/daughter, muse/inspiration, teacher/student team is all about. In this piece, I painted her portrait, she painted mine and together we created the other elements. I am very proud of this piece. Hopefully, it will not be our last together...


Full Circle Journey
24" x 24"
Mixed Media
By: Gina Caraviello and Zoe Huddleston


The artists at the Opening for the "Arrivals/Departures" Show at the Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport - Airport Gallery on September 10, 2010.

(We were trying to pose like our portraits in the painting.)

I hope you enjoy our journey together. I know I am...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:16 AM

    Beautiful work from two beautiful women!

    ReplyDelete